Effective immediately, per the guidance of Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, Waunakee Manor has made the following changes:
- Restricting all visitors, with exceptions for compassionate care, such as end-of-life situations
- Restricting all volunteers and non-essential health care personnel (e.g., barbers)
- Cancelling all group activities and communal dining in skilled nursing home and Community Based Residential Facility (CBRF)
- Cancelling all group activities in the Independent and Assisted Living. It is recommended that Independent and Assisted Living residents do not comingle, if they choose to do so their group should not exceed 10 people
- Communal dining in the Independent and Assisted Living has been cancelled. All meal delivery fees are being waived at this time. If a resident chooses to dine in the dining room it is being highly recommended that they eat six feet apart from one another, i.e. one resident per table
- Implementing active screening of residents in the Skilled Nursing Home and CBRF and employees for fever and respiratory symptoms community wide
Currently, Waunakee Manor does not have any diagnosed cases of residents or employees infected with the Coronavirus (COVID-19). Our team is closely monitoring our community for any sign of the virus and we are providing education and resources to our residents and employees. The health of our residents and employees is our number one priority.
Each year, we prepare for and, if necessary, treat a variety of infectious diseases, such as influenza and respiratory illnesses. If an outbreak occurs, we follow the recommendations of the local health department and Centers for Disease Prevention & Control (CDC) as well as work with our physicians and medical director.
This is a fast-changing situation, and Waunakee Manor’s leadership is closely monitoring guidance and recommendations provided by CMS and CDC.
Updated March 20, 2020
For the most current set of preventative measures from the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, click here: https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/dph/memos/communicable-diseases/2020-16.pdf. This is also posted at each entrance to Waunakee Manor.
Please submit your name, email, and your loved one’s name to firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to our email update list. Personal questions in relation to your loved ones will not be addressed through this email address.
As an alternative way to visit your loved one, we have setup Google Duo on many of our in house tablets and computers. If you’d like to utilize this way of visiting please call Social Services and set up an appointment. Google Duo can be downloaded via the App Store or the Google Play Store
We are also starting a pen pal program with a local elementary school, Nuestro Mundo Community School. Their students are eager to create cards and drawings. By joining our mission statements together we can connect our worlds while enhancing each other’s lives. Would you consider having your loved one participate in this optional program to help fill people’s buckets with kindness? You can choose either one time only or ongoing pen pal. Staff are on hand to assist your loved one with either of these options. If you’d like your loved one to participate, please send the following information to email@example.com:
- Resident’s name
- Your name
- Your email
- Your Phone number
- Choice of one time or ongoing
- Please provide some idea of items an elementary school age child could draw that would enlighten your loved one’s day. Examples: Favorite animals, sports, foods, seasons, hobbies.